- Parkinson's Disease
- Vestibular Medical Conditions
Dr Murat Acar MBBS FAFRM (RACP) completed his undergraduate Medical degree at the University of Sydney in 1993. Choosing the developing medical speciality, Rehabilitation Medicine, to focus his interest on helping patients with disability, he completed his training in the major teaching hospitals of Westmead and Concord Hospitals and wider Sydney. His training in the Brain Injury Unit of Westmead developed his knowledge and experience in the complex management of people with cognitive and physical impairments arising from traumatic brain injury. He has worked in a variety of settings: hospitals, private practice and outpatient medical centres.
Dr Acar enables his patients to meet the challenges in their recovery and to achieve maximum outcome by coordinating and implementing various allied medical services. Dr Acar provides the medical direction of multidisciplinary services.
Dr Acar is a Fellow of The Australian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, a Member of the Rehabilitation Medicine Society of Australia and New Zealand and a Member of the Australian Medical Association.
Dr Acar’s experience in Rehabilitation is quite vast. The conditions commonly managed include:
• Neurological Rehabilitation such as Stroke, Post Neurosurgery, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Paraplegia,
• Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
• Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation for conditions not requiring surgery, such as sprains, osteoporosis and crush fractures/ pelvis
• Conservative management of Spinal pain such as Back and Neck
• Injury Rehabilitation, including multi trauma situations, work and car accidents
• Cardiac Rehabilitation
• Respiratory Rehabilitation
• Rehabilitation of people who are deconditioned after an illness or injury
• Rehabilitation of the older person after injury, illness, or surgery
- MBBS , FAFRM (RACP)
- Consulting Suites
Level 1 Brisbane Waters Private Hospital
21 Vidler Ave Woy WoyPhone: 02 4341 9522Fax: 02 4342 4460