I have been practicing in my speciality on the Central Coast for 35 years in both the Public Hospitals and the Private Hospitals.
Awarded scholarship to attend University. • MB.BS, (Sydney University) - 6 year full time course
• St Vincent's Hospital 5 years - medical student 3 years / resident medical officer; two years residence
• Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne FRANZCOG - 4 years - Specialist Obstetrician / Gynaecologist after four years training, including one year as senior lecturer at the University of Melbourne.
• FRCOG (LONDON) - further two years in several distinguished hospitals in the UNITED KINGDOM.
• Specialist practice in obstetrics and gynaecology after returning to Australia.
In the earlier stages of my specialist career in Australia, the new minimally invasive surgical techniques were not readily practiced in Australia. I was a Foundation and Committee member of the original group of gynaecologists - AGES - AUSTRALIAN GYNAECOLOGICAL ENDOSCOPY SOCIETY - the expert group formed to incorporate these new approaches to gynaecological surgery. I made myself known to experts in France, Germany and the United Kingdom and travelled to observe techniques, which I later adopted and introduced on the Central Coast. I continue to travel every two years to Europe and America to observe and further modify my techniques. I am well known in the expert circle of my specialty.
I have ongoing contact with teaching hospitals in Sydney, particularly with St George Hospital at Kogarah, where I may operate on more complicated patients and also observe and learn the latest techniques.
- M.B.,B.S.(SYD),F.R.C.O.G,(LONDON), F.R.A.N.Z.C.O.G.