- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Perinatal Psychiatry
- Postnatal Depression
- Transcultural Psychiatry
- Young Adult Mental Health
Dr Sangeetha Makielan MD (Hons), FRANZCP is a fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists and is an accredited member of the Faculty of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. She commenced her specialist medical training in psychiatry at the Maudsley in the UK and finished her specialist training in Australia.
Dr Makielan is passionate about working collaboratively with patients and offering a holistic approach to treatment to achieve optimal outcomes for infants, children and their families. Treatment is built on mutual respect, responsibility, and commitment.
Having lived and worked in different countries, Dr Makielan embraces the cultural diversity and is experienced in working with people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds including those from remote indigenous communities. Sangeetha speaks Tamil language fluently and understands Hindi.
Dr Sangeetha Makielan sees children under the age of 18, perinatal and postnatal mothers and families of the children and mothers.
• Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (Anxiety, Depression, ASD, ADHD, Complex Trauma, Gender Dysphoria,
School Refusal, Psychosis, etc.)
• Perinatal and Infant Psychiatry – Antenatal depression, Postnatal depression and Postpartum Psychosis, etc.
• Adjustment difficulties with pregnancy or parenting
• Grief associated with fertility and perinatal loss
• Parent-child relationships difficulties
• Psychotherapy - Individual, Parent-Child, Family Therapy
• Transcultural Psychiatry
- MD (Hons), FRANZCP