- Bariatric and Weight Loss Surgery
- General Surgery
Dr Simon Ghosh obtained a Bachelor of Science in biochemistry and physiology at King’s College London in 1995. He obtained his medical degree at Royal Free Hospital, University College London in 2002.
After completing his Basic Surgical Training at South Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, Dr Ghosh completed his Advanced Surgical Training in general surgery through the Newcastle & Gosford network in 2014 and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2015.
Dr Ghosh has current membership with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), General Surgeons Australia (GSA) and Obesity Surgery Society of Australia & New Zealand (OSSANZ).
In 2015, Dr Ghosh was appointed as the postgraduate surgical fellow in Emergency Surgery at Gosford Hospital. In 2016, he completed a 12 month subspecialty fellowship in Bariatric Surgery (surgery for the treatment of weight loss and metabolic disease) at the Holy Spirit Northside and the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital. The fellowship included more than 500 bariatric procedures including primary, revisional and complex cases from metropolitan and interstate referrals.
Dr Ghosh’s areas of interest include:
Weight Loss Surgery (primary)
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass
- Roux-y and single loop
- Mini-gastric bypass / Single-anastomosis gastric bypass
Weight Loss Surgery (complex revisional)
- Band to bypass / Sleeve to bypass
- Skin lesions, lumps and bumps, herniae, appendix, bowel surgery, gall bladder, benign anorectal disease and circumcision
- Stomach, hiatal hernia (anti-reflux surgery)
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- BSc (Hons) , MBBS , FRACS