Dr Stephen Chung completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Science (Medicine) (M.B. B.S. B.Sc.(Med)) at University of New South Wales and became a Rehabilitation Physician after completing his Fellowship with Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM-RACP) in 2005.
Dr Chung further pursued his interests in studying pain medicine & management with Faculty of Pain Medicine (ANZCA) and University of Sydney. Dr Chung graduated from his Master degree in Health Administration and was admitted as Associate Fellows of Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators and Australasian College of Health Service Management in the years after.
As a Senior Consultant Physician, Dr Chung has over 15 years experience in Rehabilitation Medicine, 11 years of which have been on the Central Coast. He has worked in various public and private hospitals Australia wide. Dr Chung has developed multiple skills and expertise across many sub-specialties in rehabilitation medicine, especially neurological, musculoskeletal and orthopaedic, amputee rehabilitation, chronic pain rehabilitation and spinal cord injury.
Dr Chung is trained for permanent impairment evaluation for Work Cover (AMA Guide 4th, 5th
and 6th Ed) and ex- MAA (now SIRA) and has been an accredited assessor with ex-MAA for many years. Dr Chung is also a qualified independent medical examiner certified by U.S. Board.
Dr Chung’s areas of expertise and interests include:
- Chronic pain management and rehabilitation
- Spasticity Management including the use of various orthotics and botulinum toxin intramuscular injection
- Neuro Rehabilitation including Stroke and post neuro surgical rehabilitation, Motor Neurone Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons Disease and CIDP
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Transitional from Paediatric Services for Cerebral Palsy and Spina Bifida
- Subacute Spinal cord injury
- Medical orthotics and mobility impairment
- Chronic ulcers
- FAFRM (RACP) , MHA , MBBS , BSc (Med) , CIME (US)
- Inpatient Referrals
Phone: 02 4341 9522Fax: 02 4342 7164
- Outpatient Referrals
Phone: 02 8078 6087