Refer to a Specialist
See a full list of our Specialists.
Medical, Surgical, Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Referrals
We work in partnership with Physicians and General Practitioners to provide the best possible environment for your patients requiring inpatient care for their medical condition.
If you think your patient may benefit from a medical or rehabilitation admission under one of our qualified specialists, allow us to help you by following the admissions process outlined below.
- Does your patient need medical admission to hospital?
- Does your patient have Private Health Insurance, DVA Status, Work Cover or the ability to self-fund their admission?
- Call our Medical Admissions Team for an assessment on 02 4341 9522
- Fax a completed referral form for a health fund check to 02 4342 7164
Our Medical Admissions Team will arrange an Admitting Consultant and confirm patient’s admission time within one hour.
- Patients who require ICU/CCU/HDU or Emergency Department admission
- Falls with head strike or suspected fracture
- Acute Stroke
- Heart Attack
Admissions to Brisbane Waters Private Hospital must be under the care of one of our treating Medical Practitioners. If you need assistance with selecting a Medical Practitioner, our Admissions and Assessment team can assist you.
Mental Health Referrals
We work in partnership with General Practitioners and key service providers to treat people suffering with a range of mental health concerns.
For assistance with managing your patients’ mental health, please follow our simple five-step Admissions process:
- Does your patient need a mental health admission?
- Does your patient have Private Health Insurance, DVA Status, WorkCover or the ability to self-fund their admission?
- Note: From 1 April 2018, Australian Government changes to private health insurance coverage for mental health services will take effect.
- If yes, call 1800 814 226 to discuss admission suitability with our Admissions and Assessment Team
- Send a referral via fax 02 4342 7164 or email email@example.com
- We will confirm health fund eligibility check, admission arrangements and allocate a Psychiatrist on the same day.
Please note: Admissions to Brisbane Waters Private Hospital must be under the care of one of our treating Psychiatrists. If you need assistance with selecting a Psychiatrist, our Admissions and Assessment team can assist you.