- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
Dr Wimaladharma Ranasinghe is a General Adult Psychiatrist who has recently joined the team at Brisbane Waters Private Hospital.
Rana is Australian trained and has worked across a variety of settings including tertiary hospitals and regional and rural areas across NSW, including locally at both Wyong and Gosford hospitals. Rana worked in rural NSW (Dubbo) for many years in a multitude of settings.
Dr Ranasinghe’s areas of interest include:
- Anxiety spectrum disorder - OCD, Panic disorder, phobic anxiety disorder
- Personality disorders - Borderline Personality Disorder
- Mood disorders - Depressive and bipolar disorders
- Acute and chronic psychotic illness including first episode psychosis
- Youth mental health issues
Dr Ranasinghe also has experience in delivering and supervising Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT).
Rana is keen to see patients with personality disorders an anxiety spectrum disorders and is trained in psychotherapy including:
- Long term psychodynamic psychotherapy\
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Motivational enhancement therapy (Trainee in advanced training in psychotherapy with RANZCP)
Dr Ranasinghe is pleased to accept referrals for outpatients immediately.
- MBBS , MD (Psych) , FRANZCP